This will display most prominent pictures of AFL.
the smock vent in the crator of mt fentale.jpg
trekking by awash river.jpg
bird watching on awash np plain.jpg
Welcome to Awash Falls Lodge!
Happy New Year!
The Awash Falls Lodge wishes everyone a prosperous and
enjoyable Christmas and New Year.
Manager, Awash Falls Lodge
The Awash Falls Ecolodge is synonymous to the
Awash Falls Lodge.
The Awash Falls Lodge (AFL) is located in the most southwestern limit of an
ancient conservation area, the Awash National Park, the only nearest Park to the
capital Addis Ababa, with 205 km in the East. The location of the Lodge in the
surrounding fantastic diversity of nature and related entertainment activities
provided by the Lodge has been called by many as 'The Little Paradise'.
We recommend guests to take break from the routine activities that you spend in
Addis on your working hours. And also for people who do not want cold and rain
during the winter, we advice to warm yourself and enjoy the evening in an
open outdoor services by the campfire of a deem light and the sky with the
universe over you. The services would be very complementary with overnight
low pitched music by Awash Falls.
AFL preserves traditional inspiration, adding to Awash NP's attractions, in addition
to the different nature, cultures and traditions found in the area. It also serves
as a stopover and/or destination site for travelers to and from Eastern Ethiopia,
including the ancient Harer Town, Erta-Ale active volcano, Dallol Depression in the
Afar Region, etc...
The Lodge is an ideal place to refresh yourself in a peaceful and clean environment.
Its proximity to Addis and Adama/Nazret is also an advantage for you to spend at
least the weekends in the Lodge.
The Lodge is pleased to provide full services of:
1. Traditional and modern dishes and liquor
2. Convenient bed rooms: Single, Double, Twin & Family occupancies
3. Conference room for up to 80 persons
4. Trekking by Awash River, Fentale Volcanic Fissure, Hyenas' Dens & hiking Mt. Fentale
5. Swimming in a natural hot springs at Filwuha
6. Game viewing
7. Bird watching for amateurs & professionals
8. Study tours for researchers/conservationists, students at schools and universities
9. Village tours at Kereyu Oromo and Afar Communities
10. Kereyu-Oromo cultural dance
11. Honeymoon/wedding festive
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Tel: +251 116 530 245
+251 912 770 659
+251-911 355 146